Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 3: German Sand

The Germans do have some delicious food here, but the sand tastes the same. I guess Guffy recovered from yesterday's fatigue, as he decided to throw me off in the outdoor. I knew he was fresh when I began grooming him, but I definitely was not expecting THAT! He is a funny horse. When he is feeling good, his eyes get very shiny and wide, he will try to snap at you a little bit, and he will do a HUGE cat stretch on the cross ties when you brush his withers. He's always been the wild one of the bunch, but he is very talented and smart.

When I got back on as soon as we caught him, he knew that what he did was unacceptable, but he still tried to be naughty. However, he was really hot and light on my aids after the whole incident, so our whole lesson ended up really well. After I finished with him, Frau Endres suggested that I put him in the sand paddock so that he could get some bucks out and relax his body. He certainly did that!

Next was Dewey, and he was very good. Frau Endres had me practice some trot work from the team test, and gave me some pointers on how to perfect it. We also worked on the straightness and fluidity of the canter walk transitions on the center line. And of course, we also worked on waiting for the rhythm and enjoying it when you get it instead of pushing for more.

After an eventful morning, the rest of the day was very quiet. We finished the work at the stable, went for dinner, and finally washed the sand out of my helmet from today. Everyone said that Guffy's buck was so big, that his hind feet were over my head. I annoying thing is that I wasn't coming off with that buck, but it was when he landed and did a complete 180 turn. Then, I came off. Oh well!

Tomorrow my lessons begin at 3 pm. Frau Endres has some people coming to see some ponies and they are making a sales video for the high flying Skippy in the morning, so things will be busy. Plus, Bianca Nowag, the European Pony Champion is coming at 2 pm for a lesson with Frau Endres to prepare for the International Youth Festival. I am really excited to watch her ride!

Tomorrow should be very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment