Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hello Again!

It's so nice to be blogging again! The apartment that I have been living in does not have any internet access, and I couldn't blog from my phone!!! But now that mom is here again I can go to her hotel and use the internet there. Things have been amazing here! I was on my own taking care of and riding my two ponies here in Europe. I am really really tired now, but it was amazing! The ponies have been so great. Dewey and I have really found a clear, powerful, and cadenced rhythm in the trot work. Guffy has become so powerful and quick in his hind legs than ever before. Our walk pirouettes are so good now. I have also been able to do a little jumping with Guffy also which has been a fun release from the dressage work every once and a while.

Since today is Sunday, I didn't ride the two ponies, but I still spent the day with them and making sure that they were comfortable and clean. Tomorrow I will start riding again with Frau Endres. She was also away this weekend making training sessions before the German National Championships that start next week.

A lot of exciting things have happened in the FEI pony world. The European Championships for ponies just ended two weeks ago. The Germans for the first time in 20 years were silver in the team medals instead of gold. The Dutch were just a tick more consistent this year, and consistency is key! The ponies on the German team were the same ones I competed with in Hagen, and they pretty much move like mini Totilas! They are so athletic and gorgeous. The German nationals next week will be exciting though. Will keep you posted on how those go too.

I am so happy to have internet right now because I can watch our USA selection trials and I 1 champs online from Gladstone. Definitely a place I hope to be in the future!

So, I am off to go get some dinner now before I go back to the barn for nightcheck and then to bed in my apartment. Now that I can go to my mom's hotel for a little bit, I will blog pretty much everyday! It feels so great to get back to blogging again and I can't wait to share more about my training here in Europe with all of you guys again!

-Isabelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment