Tuesday, August 10, 2010

jumping, more jumping, and internet

Today the ponies got a nice jumping day while Frau Endres was away in Warendorf. Guffy jumped really well. He is really getting used to the exercises. We jump on a circle to engage the hind end and quicken his reflexes for collection, and then we jump regular verticals and crosses. He has so much fun doing these exercises....especially the bounce jumps where he has to be really fast and light on his feet. Dewey and I just worked some ground poles to loosen his back. When we go voer ground poles, he really starts to loosen in his back and swing more in his body, creating more cadence and relaxation. This is good for him because his personality is a little tense, which can carry over to the concept of cadence. When he is loose, then he really grows and swings in his gaits.

I hope I will be able to get into the farm tonight! There are gaits that lock the farm at night for the safety of the horses, and last night Herr Rosendahl forgot that I was out with my mother for dinner. I needed to come back for nightcheck and then bed, because I live at the farm. We came back and all of the gates were locked! Yikes! they were big gates too. It was really hilarious, because I was trying desperately to get up the big brick wall, and I think I failed 3 times before I finally dragged myself up there using branches. Then, after getting to the top of the brick wall, I realized that my task had not yet come to an end....I still had to get down!!! And this wall was high. So I just jumped. It was crazy, but so much fun! I hope the gates are not locked tinight, because as much fun as it was...I don't think I can be as coordinated as I was last night!

Oh, and mom got internet for me! Yessss! We had to go through the entire town of Dulmen to find a mobile interent stick that worked, but we did it! Go mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment