Sunday, August 29, 2010

My new horse!

Wow! It's great to be back on again. Moving to the new stable took a long time and organization but now we can settle down. It's too bad because just as soon as you feel like you can settle down, it's time to leave soon!

I am so excited to be here at Hof Kasselmann with my new guy. It is so nice to train here! The grounds are beautiful, the people are lovely, and there is so much to see! Last week I was able to watch the production of the PSI young horse auction videos! It was so cool. So professional too. They had a professional camera crew come in with tons of cameras and lights! It was amazing how good the horses were going past the cameras and stuff! The crew was really patient with them though so they felt comfortable. I love sitting in the arena watching all of the riders! I like to study how they ride corners, collection, and getting their horses onto the outside rein and inside leg. The riders are so good here! I am learning so much. With my new horse I have been riding under Miriam Henschke. She is such a good rider and trainer. It's really nice to train under her because she is so level in her teaching. Very calm and patient and understanding. It's very comforting. Especially when you are just learning the ropes of the small tour. She has taught me a lot of good things. She told me to breathe before every exercise you ride. That's really important for me because sometimes I tend to hold my breath. She also told me that if you don't have your horse on the outside rein, then you don't have your horse on the hindleg. That is really important. The most important thing she told me though is to relax and breathe. She is really good at getting you to focus and breathe because of her teaching method and patience. I love the feeling you have when you are so relaxed and concentrated on your work! It's a great feeling!

Tomorrow I am so excited to go and watch more riders! You can sit in the indoor for hours on end and learn so much! I love doing that! Corners are the most important thing that I watch. They are your best friends! I am having so much fun here and learning so much! It's so great and exciting! I can't wait to watch tomorrow!

1 comment: