Monday, May 31, 2010

Getting Started.

Hello again. I am finally in Germany! Wow, what a fulll day of traveling! We flew overnight into Heathrow, and then we took a connection flight from Heathrow to Dusseldorf right after. The flight to Heathrow was fun. I am starting to wonder if the American Airlines business class seats were formed especially for dressage riders. Sitting in these seats for 8 1/2 hours gave me a lesson in perfect posture. Seriously, the seats were perfectly upright....no room for slouching! Good flight though, watched a lot of in flight movies, and scared myself to death by chosing to watch a horror movie. It was great though!


So I am now sitting in the computer lounge at my hotel in Dulmen. This is a great little hotel with awesome food! The horses will arive around 6 pm from Amsterdam. I heard that they had a good flight in, and that they were good boys. Hopefully when we go to meet them at the barn, it will be very uneventful and calm so we can all go to sleep and be ready for tomorrow! Not quite sure what we are doing tomorrow. It all depends on how the horses feel in the morning.

I am still getting used to all the time flip flops around here! Part of me wants to drop dead in the computer lounge and call it a night...however I don't think that the hotel guests would appreciate that. It is so much here though!! This is going to be such an adventure! Can't wait to see the boys when they get here! But I also can't wait to get a good sleep! After all of that strong English tea from Heathrow, I am crashing as if I gorged on chocalte bars! That stuff is strong!

I will start to take pictures and post them on here when I am unpacked. There are so many beautiful things to see around here!

Bis später!

No comments:

Post a Comment