Sunday, May 30, 2010

Adventures at the Airport

Well, we have gotten through the airport craziness! When we arrived at the airport at first and the stewards weighed our bags, we found out that one of them was overweight! Luckily, we had a very helpful person behind the counter who helped us with balancing the weight of our bags. It was a good thing that we were able to balance them out, considering that there was a pretty substantial charge for an overweight bag! However, it all worked out.

My flight is at 5 pm ET into Heathrow at 6 am London time. Then we have a connection from Heathrow to Dusseldorf which lands at around 10. From Dusseldorf we will drive to Dulmen where the barn is and finally see the horses again! Right now they are also at Miami Intl seating their plane. They were supposed to fly out at 2:30, but their plane got a little stuck in South America due to some nasty weather. We just found out that the plane will not be too late, so the horses will land only about an hour or so off schedule.

We board the plane in about 20 minutes, and I guess the next time I'll be able to write will be when I am in Germany! I am so excited. I hope I'll be able to sleep on the plane! If not, I'll just have to do what I do best: snack on chips
and watch movies!

- Isabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment